Snickerdoodle Cookies have always been a family favorite. My mom started making these for us when we were little, and we always have them at Christmas and other special occasions.
They are similar to a sugar cookie, but the addition of the cinnamon makes them so tasty! Simply beat sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth and well blended. Stir in your dry ingredients and shape into 1 inch balls. What makes these cookies so good is that you mix up a sugar/cinnamon mixture and roll the cookie balls into that mixture and then bake.
It gives them a crackled look and they taste so flavorful. I hope you enjoy making these Snickerdoodle cookies as much as we do!
They are so easy to prepare and tastes great! I will be making these for Christmas this year!
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (can use gluten free flour blend)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth and well blended.
- Stir flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients mixture into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch-sized balls.
- Make cinnamon-sugar mixture. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Place dough balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture and roll until coated. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set but not too hard, 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool.
Copycat Girl Scout Trios Cookies
Stained-Glass Window Sugar Cookies
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.