These Nutella Cookies came about because I was craving Nutella and cookies. Is there any other Nutella Lovers out there??? These cookies turned out AMAZING and were so easy to make! Don’t be scared by having to make brown butter for the recipe. It wasn’t hard at all!
I enjoyed these Nutella Cookies with a glass of milk as they were coming out the oven. If you love Nutella, you may want to check out this post on how to make your own Nutella too! It is a great way to save money and cut out processed ingredients.
I hope you enjoy these Nutella Cookies. This recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious. Best of all it can be ready in minutes. They are perfect for holidays or any day! I hope you enjoy them as much we do.
Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup nutella
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (+2 TBSP)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate bar very finely chopped
- 2 TBSP sea salt
- Prepare your Nutella filling first by lining a cookie sheet with wax paper and dropping Nutella by 2 tsp. sized dollops onto the cookie sheet. Place in freezer to harden while you prepare your cookie dough.
- Cut your butter into TBSP sized pieces and place in a medium-sized saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, increase your heat to just above medium.
- Swirl and scrape the sides of the pan frequently with a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula - the butter will bubble and pop. Once the bubbling slows, the butter will begin to turn brown, it will be finished when it starts to brown and you smell a nutty aroma. Immediately remove from the heat and pour into a heatproof bowl.
- Allow the butter to cool for 25-30 minutes before proceeding with the recipe.
For the cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add sugars into cooled browned butter, stir well.
- Stir in eggs, one at time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring ingredients until combined.
- Add your finely chopped chocolate bar and stir well.
- Chill dough for 15-20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove frozen Nutella from the freezer and cookie dough from the refrigerator.
- Scoop dough by heaping 1 1/2 TBSP and press frozen Nutella dollop in the center. Form a ball around the Nutella until it is completely covered.
- Roll into an even ball and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookie dough at least 2 inches apart on parchment paper lined sheet and bake at 375 for 12-13 minutes. or until edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle immediately with sea salt and allow to cool completely on cookie sheet before removing. They will be fragile while cooking but sturdier when they cool.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.