My family loves Mac&Cheese! It is one of our favorite things! We tried bacon mac at a restaurant recently and I wanted to make it at home. We prepared Pork Medallions and this was the perfect side. This recipe could also be served as a main dish. Either way, you need to try out this Smoked Applewood Bacon Mac&Cheese really soon!
Smoked Applewood Bacon Mac&CheesePrint Recipe
- 1 lb Applewood Smoked Bacon Or any type of bacon
- 1 lb Elbow Macaroni
- 6 tbs Flour
- 3 tbs Butter
- 4 c Milk
- 1 c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbs Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbs Garlic Powder
- 2 c Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 c Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 2 c Sharp Cheddar, Shredded
- Cook pound of Elbow Macaroni according to package
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish, with butter or cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon and do not discard the bacon grease.
- Chop bacon in pieces.
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to hot bacon grease and allow to melt.
- Add in 6 tablespoons of flour and cook over medium heat for 4 or so minutes or until the flour starts to turn light brown. Make sure you do not cook to long because it will burn.
- Add Milk and Heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, black pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Then add in 1.5 cups of Colby Jack, 1.5 cups of Mozzarella, 1.5 cups of Sharp cheddar until melted.
- Combine the cooked elbow macaroni and cheese sauce.
- Add half the bacon to the macaroni mixture and fold in.
- Transfer to your baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes.
The butter and flour process for Smoked Applewood Bacon Mac&Cheese can be tricky. If medium heat seems to be too high, lower your temperature. You do not want it to burn! The picture on the right is what it looked like right before I added the last of the ingredients.
Check out other AMAZING StockpilingMoms Recipes
Almost Alice Springs Chicken – I know I can’t be the only one that loves Outback’s Alice Springs Chicken! It is amazing! We have been cooking at home more with the rise in prices of eating out and I wanted to make it at home.
Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin – Instead of using a loaf pan use a muffin tin! It cuts your baking time down to only 20 minutes (bake at 400 degrees) AND best of all it is perfect for portion control!
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes – This recipe is one of my family’s favorites! You will love how easy this recipe is to prepare with the combination of ingredients. It is a keeper!
Spinach and Mushroom Chicken – I love spinach, mushrooms and cheese! What better to top a piece of chicken with? I have no idea how I became such a vegetable lover!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.