It has taken me countless times to perfect this Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce. But I did it! I love how it turns out now every single time. Be sure to save this recipe and print it out as it is a keeper.
There is no cream cheese in this recipe. It is made with simple ingredients including butter, heavy whipping cream, fresh Parmesan cheese and spices. That is, it! The single most requested recipe that I make from my kids is my homemade alfredo and best of all it doesn’t take long to prepare.
Be sure to give this easy homemade alfredo sauce recipe a try. You will be glad you did! It is something that I make often for the kids, and I personally enjoy it over spaghetti squash for a lower carb option for myself.
Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 1 medium sized saucepan
- 1 wire whisk
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt, I use Pink Himalayan
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. black ground pepper (to taste)
- Melt butter and add garlic powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream. Whisk until combined. Heat for 4 minutes and whisk occasionally.
- Add black pepper, nutmeg and salt and whisk.
- Add 2 cups of Parmesan Cheese into the saucepan 1/4 cup at a time, whisking for 3 to 4 minutes until thickens into sauce.
- If it becomes too thick add additional heavy cream. If not thick enough add more Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve over pasta and serve immediately.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas:
Crockpot Ranch Chicken – Pinned 327,100 times on Pinterest! A must try! Everyone loves this easy dinner recipe.
No Peek Beef Tips – Pinned 3,300 times. This 5 ingredients recipe and there’s no need to brown the beef tips first, It is so easy to prepare and tastes great.
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Casserole – Pinned 1.2 million times to Pinterest! You will love this easy one dish meal.
2 Ingredient Pork Chops – Pinned 5,600 times to Pinterest! So good! Everyone loves this easy recipe.
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Pot Roast – Pinned 2,300 times. If you have ever ordered the pot roast at Texas Roadhouse, then you need to try this recipe. It is melt in your mouth good.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!