I know I can’t be the only one that loves Outback’s Alice Springs Chicken! It is amazing! We have been cooking at home more with the rise in prices of eating out and I wanted to make it at home. There is another love I have and that is CFA Sauce! So, I combined them together and made Almost Alice Springs Chicken!
You can always use the store bought containers of CFA Sauce. I have done that many times! Your family will love it!
Homemade CFA Sauce is simply made by whisking together:
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 2 tsp Prepared Mustard
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Smokey BBQ Sauce
Almost Alice Springs Chicken
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to around 1 inch or less.
- 4 pieces cooked bacon, we like thick sliced
- 1 8 oz baby bella sliced mushrooms We are mushroom crazy so we use a lot. Use to your taste. We use the rest for Omelets the next day!
- 1 container Chick-Fil-A sauce Use to taste. We lightly cover each piece of chicken with CFA sauce.
- 1 dash Seasoning Salt
- 1 dash Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp butter You can eliminate butter
- Pound each piece of chicken to 1 inch or less.
- Cut 4 pieces of thick sliced bacon in half and pan fry. Remove bacon from pan. Do not discard grease.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with seasoning salt and garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Brown chicken in skillet over medium high for 6 minutes. Approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in a greased baking pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to pan and sauté mushrooms in the remaining bacon and chicken grease. Cook mushrooms until soft. You can also add salt and pepper to taste.
- Layering, pour Chick-Fil-A sauce over the chicken, then add mushrooms, cooked bacon and top with colby jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Watch carefully so that your cheese does not burn. Every oven is different.
You will love this Almost Alice Springs Chicken recipe! My family questioned my ability to make it taste good and then they loved it. My youngest does not like mushrooms, so we take those off when we are making his, He will clean his plate every time!
StockpilingMoms most popular posts:
Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin – Instead of using a loaf pan use a muffin tin! It cuts your baking time down to only 20 minutes (bake at 400 degrees) AND best of all it is perfect for portion control!
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes – This recipe is one of my family’s favorites! You will love how easy this recipe is to prepare with the combination of ingredients. It is a keeper!
Mom’s Chicken and Noodles – This is one of our favorite recipes to make in the crockpot. Everyone loves this recipe at my house! It is perfect in the winter or after the holidays when you have extra turkey to use too!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.