If you love green peppers then you need to try this recipe for Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers! You can put everything in the crockpot in the morning, let it cook on low all day and come home to a complete dinner that is ready to go. Growing up my Mom made these in the oven so this twist on the traditional recipe is one that I love. Being able to prep dinner quickly is so important because I am so busy.
This meal was so easy to prepare and I had on the ingredients in my fridge and pantry. My husband and I loved the stuffed green peppers, my boys not so much. But I am sure as they get older they will! As I recall, I wasn’t a huge fan of them when I was a child either. Now, I love them!
To prepare simply cut the top off and remove seeds from green peppers, wash and set aside. Combine the ground beef, oatmeal, uncooked rice, onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stuff each pepper about 2/3 full (rice will need room to swell up). Stand the peppers side-by-side in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour water in crockpot (not over the green peppers).
Finally, pour the tomato sauce evenly over the peppers. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. When you are ready to serve, if desired sprinkle cheese over the tops, place lid on crockpot and wait five minutes for cheese to melt. I think it makes the perfect stuffed green pepper!
This recipe for crockpot stuffed green peppers is naturally gluten free! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Crockpot Stuffed Green PeppersPrint Recipe
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup long grain white rice uncooked
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Cut the top off and remove seeds from green peppers.
- Wash and set aside.
- Combine ground beef, oatmeal, uncooked rice, onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Stuff each pepper about 2/3 full (rice will need room to swell up).
- Stand the peppers side-by-side in the slow cooker.
- Pour water in crockpot ( not over the green peppers).
- Pour the tomato sauce evenly over the peppers.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- If desired sprinkle cheese over the tops, place lid on crockpot and wait five minutes for cheese to melt.
- Serve and enjoy.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.