This Sweet Chili Shrimp has become one of our favorite meals. I made this for my son and now he has declared it to be one of his all-time favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
What I love is that this is a naturally gluten free meal. I never get a lightly breaded shrimp that is gluten free, and this recipe is! You can make it with chicken if you don’t like shrimp. I always do both because my husband isn’t a fan of shrimp.
You use cornstarch as the breading and lightly fry it. I like to cook mine in an electric wok or you can use a skillet. I serve it over long-grain white rice and with green beans. Garnish with sliced green onions and peanuts. It gives it a nice salty flavor to the bite.
Sweet Chili Shrimp
- 1 skillet
- 1 sauce pan with lid or rice cooker
- 1 package long grain white rice
- 1 package fresh green beans
- 1 bottle Frank's Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 TBSP Peanuts, chopped
- 1 stem green onion, sliced
- 2 16 oz frozen or fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos
- 1 tsp cilantro lime pepper salt
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- Thaw shrimp and pat dry with paper towel until dry.
- Cut ends off fresh green beans and cut into half.
- Start rice. ( I make 2 cups to serve 4 people) and cook until done according to the package.
- In a non-stick skillet pan, spray with avocado oil and place on medium-high heat. Add green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup water, 1 tsp. cilantro lime salt and cover.
- Cook for 8 minutes (until tender but not mushy) and don't allow to burn.
- Combine raw shrimp, a pinch of salt and 1/4 cup cornstarch in a bowl and stir until coated evenly. Set aside.
- Heat 4 TBSP avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Let oil heat and then add shrimp to the hot pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side until done.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup Franks Sweet Chili Sauce (to taste), 2 TBSP coconut aminos, pinch of salt and stir until bubbly and coated.
- Add green beans to top of rice and serve with shrimp.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and diced peanuts.
The sweet chili sauce is by Frank’s and I picked it up at Walmart. Be sure to give this recipe a try. It is quick and easy to make and tastes amazing.
Other Skillet Dinners:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!