These Lemon Cookies are light and flavorful. My son really enjoyed them. If you are looking for a cookie that is refreshing, this is it! It is like a little bit of sunshine in every bite.
If you have someone who loves all things lemon at your house they are going to fall in love with this cookie. I like that it is chewy and light. It really has a nice flavor and isn’t too tart. You can serve it with a cup of tea, and you have the perfect Christmas treat.
When you prepare these don’t let them overcook. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. You can store into an airtight container and enjoy.
Be sure to make these Lemon Cookies. They are the perfect treat.
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 cooling rack
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 4-5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice and lemon zest and stir together till combined. Add in the food coloring if desired.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until you have a nice soft dough.
- Spread the powdered sugar onto a plate.
- Scoop the dough into 1 1/2 TBSP sized scoops and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls into the powdered sugar and place onto a baking sheet line with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are set and the top is no longer shiny. They may look a little under cooked.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then remove them to a cooling rack.
- Place in an airtight container to store.
CHECK OUT OUR COOKIE RECIPES
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!