Do you want chicken that tastes so good it will leave you wanting more and more? If so, then you need to make this delicious Cast Iron Skillet Orange Chicken recipe! I promise you will love the taste and want to make it again.
This super easy recipe only requires 5 ingredients and a cast iron skillet. I love cooking in my cast iron skillet and I really love you can cook this chicken in an hour!! Start off with a clean chicken in a shallow pan. Simply pour olive oil over the chicken then sprinkle on seasoning and place an orange slice in it.
Next, you carefully place the chicken in the preheated cast iron skillet and let it cook for 45 minutes or until it’s done. Let it rest for about 15 minutes and it’s ready to serve. Yes, it really is that simple! This is perfect for the multi-taskers, like me. I had my rolls ready and they went in the oven when the chicken came out. That way they could bake while the chicken was resting.
This easy recipe for Cast Iron Skillet Orange Chicken is ready within an hour! Put it in the oven and just wait.
Cast Iron Skillet Orange Chicken
- 1 whole 5-5 1/2 lb chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole mandarin oranges sliced
- cast iron skillet
- Place cast iron skillet in oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Place clean chicken into shallow dish.
- Pour olive oil over chicken, then sprinkle with seasonings and place orange slices in cavity.
- Carefully place chicken into hot cast iron skillet.
- Roast chicken at 450 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes for before carving and serving.
Popular Chicken Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.