Here are Quick Tips for Better Sack Lunches. With Back-to-School Season upon us I thought I would share with you several quick tips for making better sack lunches. We pack lunches 5 days a week at our house. Hopefully these tips will help you too!
Quick Tips for Better Sack Lunches:
- Get into a routine of planning and packing your lunch the night before. Sandwiches are quick and easy to put together and can even be frozen. We love this Lunchbox Tip – Freeze PBJ’s to save time and money – DIY Uncrustables
- Freeze a smoothie. It can serve as both an ice pack and a refreshing drink come lunchtime!
- Use a thermos to include soup or chicken nuggets. I often place a corn dog in a thermos. Either mini nuggets or remove the stick. You can place a plain hot dog in hot water for your kids to remove at lunchtime.
- Include a dessert as a reward for your children after they eat their meal or on Friday’s.
- Pack foods from all the food groups – diversify your kid’s meals.
- DIY Lunchbox Icepacks – this is a great way to save money!
Here is a sample Menu:
Monday – Corn Dog, Grapes, Pretzels, Baby Carrots
Tuesday – Chicken Nuggets, Apple Slices, Broccoli with Ranch
Wednesday – Turkey Sandwich Combo served with grapes, baby carrots and chocolate chip cookie
Thursday – SpaghettiOs, Strawberries and Biscuit or Crackers
Friday – Apple Slices, Ants on a log, Graham Crackers