Check out this simple recipe for Bean Salsa or as some people call it, Cowboy Caviar. It is probably my favorite salsa and easy appetizer.
I love how simple it is to make however most people can’t tell that it is made with canned ingredients. I think the fresh cilantro really gives it a great flavor too! Serve it with blue tortilla chips and you have an easy appetizer that everyone will enjoy. You can also add this to a burrito or taco! It is so nice to add the extra protein with the beans. It is naturally high in healthy carbs too.
This is a nice and healthy protein packed side that is sure to be a winner at the next party you go too. Best of all you can even serve this with a nice piece of fish for dinner too. Trust me you can’t go wrong with this easy Bean Salsa. Everyone begs for this when we go to parties. What I love is everyone thinks it is hard to make when in reality this is true dump and go appetizer recipe. It takes me literally a minute to prepare! The hardest part is waiting for it to chill before you serve it. That is how I discovered it is good room temperate too!
Bean Salsa is a really affordable appetizer recipe too. Made with a variety of canned beans and veggies you can easily pick these up on sale. I love taking this to a cookout or picnic, there is no worry for refrigeration like other salads. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Regardless of the name you know it by – Bean Salsa, Cowboy Caviar, whatever you call it, we call it delicious!
- 1 can Simple Truth brand black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Kroger Brand diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can Kroger Brand Mexicorn drained
- 1 can Kroger Brand black-eye peas drained
- 3/4 bottle Kroger Brand Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro OR 1/4 to 1/3 cup dried cilantro
- 1 package Private Selection Blue Corn Torilla Chips - to serve
- 1 can black olives (small) chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 whole green pepper chopped
- Mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate.
- I like to serve cold but it is good at room temperature too.
- Serve with corn chips and enjoy.
Check out these Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.