Are you looking for an Inexpensive Teacher Gift for a great year!! Check out this adorable How to make Chalkboard Planters gift idea! You can include seeds and soil for or fill it with gummy worms for fun 🙂
How to make Chalkboard Planters
- Chalkboard Paint
- Outdoor Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Potting Soil
- Packets of Seeds
- Gummy Worms, Optional
- Cardstock for Tags
- Chalk to write names on the pots or Thank You on the pots
- Paint the base of the pot with chalkboard paint. Allow to dry.
- Paint the top rim and base with an outdoor acrylic so it has a sealer already in it because you can’t use a spray sealer on chalkboard paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Fill with potting soil.
- Use the base as a lid and tie with twine.
- Add a note with card stock and add seeds.
- $1.50 for the pot and saucer.
- Can of chalk paint was $3.50.
- The outdoor acrylic was $1.20 per color.
- I had the potting soil on hand but it runs around $3.00.
- I purchased seeds for only $.10 a pack (had 11 seeds in packet).
The grand total averaged out to be around $2.00 a gift! This would make a really cute herb garden too! I hope you enjoy this really cute DIY.
Thanks to my friend Tiffany for sharing this idea and her pictures! I am so loving this and will be making my own chalkboard planters for gifts and myself!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.