Grilled Chile-Lime Chicken is a delicious low fat and healthy choice for lunch or dinner. We love to have this in the summer on a bed of brown rice or quinoa. It even makes for a yummy topping to a huge salad.
Grilled Chile-Lime Chicken is delicious! It is prepared easily on the grill. If you don’t want to grill it you can simply brown it in a skillet or bake it in the oven. Regardless of how you choose to prepare it each and every bite is delicious!
I love to enjoy it as leftovers too. You can use what you have after a meal and chop it up and serve it on a nice salad for a second meal.
Grilled Chile-Lime Chicken
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapeño chile seeded, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sugar splenda or honey
- To make marinade, in shallow glass or plastic dish, or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all ingredients except chicken.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.