Grandma’s Chicken Stew Recipe
Grandma’s Chicken Stew Recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods of all time! My whole family loves this dish and I make sure to include it on our monthly menu, especially during winter. I will warn you that this recipe will have you hooked at first bite!
These types of recipes remind me of my childhood. I will never forget those family dinners on Sunday Afternoons. Every time I smell fried chicken cooking I think of my MawMaw! Those are the memories I will carry with me forever! Make this Grandma’s Chicken Stew Recipe and stand out in your children’s future memories!
Grandma's Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 whole chicken cut up or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 celery ribs sliced
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 can 14 oz chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp chicken bullion
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups prepared rice
- Combine chicken, celery, carrots, onion, chicken broth, parsley, chicken bullion, salt and pepper in a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- Remove skin from chicken and tear meat from bones.
- Return meat to soup; return to simmer.
- Prepare the rice while chicken stew is simmering.
- Serve chicken stew with rice and enjoy.
Other Comfort Food Recipes
Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Sweetened Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
Pioneer Woman Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
Paula Deen’s Crockpot Potato Soup
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.