I could not wait to get home and share our Family Vacation to Jamaica! We had a great time on our trip but there are always some uh-oh moments. All in all, we had an amazing time together and there are lots of ins and outs to discuss!
Resort: Beaches Ocho Rios (pictured above)
- The food was great, and we felt like we had a great selection at every meal. The French restaurant was our favorite and we ended up eating there two times. We loved the Lamb Chops, and the Pan Seared Sea Trout was amazing!
- The Bayside restaurant has a little for every everyone. Our favorite was breakfast because there were so many things to pick from. Make sure you walk the whole area and check things out. Some of the stations are kind of hidden.
- The entertainment was a lot of fun! They interacted with the kids a lot! We loved being there during their 60-year Independence Day! There was a lot going on!
- The kids had fun on the water slides at the waterpark. Our oldest son made friends with all the lifeguards! They were very friendly.
- They had a great selection of excursions.
- We loved all the inclusive water sports.
- The Glass Bottom Boat and snorkeling was a lot of fun.
- We really loved all the restaurants were Resort Casual. If you do not want to dress up, you don’t have too.
- This is what I consider a value resort. This resort needs some upgrades and some attention. The pool was in need of attention. It had a lot of cracks and tiling issues, but it didn’t stop our fun. It just wasn’t what we expected. Maybe we are spoiled by the other Beaches resorts.
- The pool is on the smaller side, and you have to get there early to get a seat. We usually got to the pool around 7:30 laid our things down and went to breakfast.
- Their beach is very small BUT it is great for families with small children. You can keep an eye on them much better.
- I would not spend the extra money for concierge. I don’t feel we got our money’s worth.
- This is not a resort if you are mobility impaired. There are steps EVERYWHERE.
- The elevator was out a couple times while we were there.
Tips and Tricks for Beaches Ocho Rios
- They will tell you get reservations, but we never did! We were told when you do you still have to wait behind the walk-ins before you. We went every day at 5:30 and were usually the first ones seated.
- Make your excursion choices before you go, if you know what you want to do.
- Take a Large Cold Cup with you! We took ours and they would fill them with your favorite drink!
- Take your own reusable straws. The paper straws melt before you finish your drink!
- If you are a bottled drink person, take the bottled drinks with you to the buffets! Plus, it is just faster!
- If you are just in the room to shower and sleep, don’t splurge on an expensive room.
- Take games with you! We took the Gamewright Qwixx – A Fast Family Dice Game.
- They have a Crepe restaurant. Always feel comfortable to mix it up. If they have the ingredients, they will make it for you.
- Get to the Recreation Dock first thing. You want to make reservations for the glass bottom boat, scuba, and snorkeling.
- RIDE THE BANANA BOAT. It is first come first serve but so worth it.
Looking Around Jamaica!
Margaritaville Ocho Rios – Great food, swim up bar, beach, and a 60-foot waterslide! Need I say more! Grab a Margarita and Volcano Nachos! Heck, it’s 5 O’clock somewhere!!
CHUKKA Island Village Outpost – Check out these amazing excursions.
Blue Hole Falls – We had the best time jumping into the amazing Blue Hole! I have always dreamt of jumping into the waters of a waterfall. The Jamaican Blue Hole Falls delivered! Check out our video over on @SPMOMS Instagram
CHUKKA Ziplining – It was amazing zip lining through the rainforest! Who would have ever thought I could say I did that? We enjoyed the views and zipping over the White River. We would have loved for it to be longer! It was a short set of zips.
River Tubing – We loved the river tubing! Lots of fun and you can always catch a Jamaican Bar floating in the middle of the river! It was a great experience.
Check out our other AMAZING Travel Articles!
Camp Margaritaville RV Resort and Lodge – There’s nowhere better to start your Smokey Mountain Vacation than Camp Margaritaville RV Resort and Lodge. It is incredible! This resort is a perfect spot to rest your head and play hard in Pigeon Forge!
Is a Disney Cruise Worth It? – Is a Disney Cruise Worth It? We are home from our 2nd cruise aboard the Disney Dream. If you have never taken a Disney Cruise, you are really missing out.
Why should I stay all-inclusive at Beaches Turks and Caios – I have always wondered why stay all inclusive? Can I get my money’s worth? Will I like the food? Will there be enough things to do? These are all questions I ask myself when I go on vacation anywhere.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.