Black Bean Chili is packed full of goodness and really hits the spot on a cold, winter night. I loved the addition of black beans to this scrumptious chili. My youngest son loves beans, and he was calling this dinner meal “bean heaven”.
This chili went great with shredded cheese on top and spaghetti pasta on bottom. This fulfilling dinner recipe will definitely be back on the menu! I love supplementing our meals with beans because it is a great way to stretch our family budget.
You could serve this with a nice crusty French bread for a complete meal. With the addition of the pasta, you don’t even have to add the bread to have a filling dinner. This is a nice meal for a busy weeknight because it is ready in 30 minutes. I hope you enjoy this Black Bean Chili as much as we do.
Black Bean Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- dried pasta of your choice I used spaghetti
- shredded cheese optional topping
- Sour cream optional topping
- Heat a large skillet and add ground beef, onions and garlic.
- Cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Break up any large chunks.
- Drain fat off ground beef mixture and return to skillet.
- Stir in tomato sauce, salsa, beans, chili powder, cumin, & oregano.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Serve chili over pasta and serve with optional toppings if desired.
Be sure to try these other recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.