Valentine’s Day Felt Flowers
You are going to fall in love with these Valentine’s Day Felt Flowers. I love adding flowers to the house, but sometimes they are just too expensive or when allergy season hits, a bit too hard on my sinuses. These beautiful DIY Felt Flowers are so easy to make and still add a gorgeous pop of color to any room!
DIY Valentine’s Day Felt Flowers
These are a great idea for gifting at Valentine’s Day, but they are just as beautiful sitting on the counter year-round. I love how easy they are to make! Just a few simple supplies. Definitely something you could make with kids too!
- Felt sheets in assorted colors
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Pipe Cleaners
How to Make Felt Flowers
1. Begin by cutting the felt sheets into 1-inch strips. They do not need to be perfectly even. Keep the strips divided up by color.
2. Take a strip and start rolling it into itself like a roll of tape. Roll up one strip this way to create the bud of the flower. Secure the end of the felt with hot glue.
3. You can now continue to build around the bud with additional strips of felt. Don’t wrap too tightly, but do slightly underlap as you wrap. This will give the flower petals and some shape.
4. Each time you finish a strip, secure the end with another dab of glue.
5. Continue wrapping the felt strips until you have a full flower shape. When done, add some glue to the back of the flower and press a pipe cleaner to it. This will serve as a stem.
6. Your pipe cleaner may not be enough to support the flower. In this case, twist a few additional pipe cleaners around the main pipe cleaner to create support.
Once you have created a handful of flowers, you can display them in a small vase of the mason jar. You can create a variety of colors and sizes, giving the bouquet lots of interest and beauty! For extra embellishment, you can tie some additional ribbon around the vase or jar of your choosing.
More Valentine Craft Ideas
- DIY Melted Crayon Hearts
- Valentine’s That Boys Will Love
- Hugs & Kisses Valentine’s Card
- Valentine’s Day Butterfly Craft
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.