The Pioneer Woman Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
The Pioneer Woman Chicken Fried Steak Recipe is so good, but so bad at the same time. This is not a healthy dish by any means, but it does taste out of this world. It takes me back to my Granny’s cooking. This recipe is easy, but I will warn you that it is messy to prepare. If the whole family pitches in afterward it won’t be that bad.
I know some people who like to eat their Chicken Fried Steak like a sandwich, but I prefer to serve with gravy and Mashed Potatoes. Be sure to try this Pioneer Woman recipe soon because you will not be disappointed! This is true southern comfort food! You can easily make this gluten free when you use a gluten free flour.
The Pioneer Woman Chicken Fried Steak Recipe is so good! It is True southern comfort food!
The Pioneer Woman Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
- 3 pounds Cube Steak tenderized Round Steak That's Been Extra Tenderized
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Milk Plus Up To 2 Cups For Gravy
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour
- Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Cayenne
- Black Pepper
- 2 TBSP Canola Oil For Frying
- Salt And Pepper For Both Meat And Gravy
- Begin with an assembly line of dishes for the meat: milk mixed with egg in one; flour mixed with spices in one; meat in one; then have one clean plate at the end to receive the breaded meat.
- Work one piece of meat at a time.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper, then dip in the milk/egg mixture.
- Next, place the meat on the plate of seasoned flour.
- Turn to coat thoroughly.
- Place the meat back into the milk/egg mixture, turning to coat.
- Place back in the flour and turn to coat.
- Place breaded meat on the clean plate, then repeat with remaining meat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop in a few sprinkles of flour to make sure it’s sufficiently hot.
- Cook meat, three pieces at a time, until edges start to look golden brown; around 2 to 2 1/2 minutes each side.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and keep warm.
- Repeat until all meat is cooked.
- After all meat is fried, pour off the grease into a heatproof bowl.
- Without cleaning the pan, return it to the stove over medium-low heat.
- Add 1/4 cup grease back to the pan.
- Allow grease to heat up.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup flour evenly over the grease.
- Using a whisk, mix flour with grease, creating a golden-brown paste.
- Keep cooking until it reaches a deep golden brown color.
- If paste seems more oily than pasty, sprinkle in another tablespoon of flour and whisk.
- Whisking constantly, pour in milk.
- Cook to thicken the gravy.
- Be prepared to add more milk if it becomes overly thick.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until gravy is smooth and thick.
- Be sure to taste to make sure gravy is sufficiently seasoned.
- Serve meat next to a big side of mashed potatoes.
- Pour gravy over everything!
3 Ingredient Dessert Recipes
3 INGREDIENT SLOW COOKER APPLE SPICE CAKE – This 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Apple Spice Cake is a delicious dessert crockpot recipe. Perfect for an after-dinner treat!
3 Ingredient Berry Cobbler Slow Cooker Recipe – This yummy 3 Ingredient Berry Cobbler Slow Cooker Recipe is a great dessert recipe! It’s so easy to make! You can put everything in the crockpot in under 5 minutes. Can also be made gluten free!
3 INGREDIENT ICE CREAM – DAIRY FREE – 3 Ingredient Ice Cream is mind blowing and delicious! I was unsure of making this but in the end it was so amazing and I was very pleased.
Easy American Pie – A can of apple pie filling, package of pie crusts and cinnamon sugar is all you need!
BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE – Whenever I am in need of a dessert and I have not planned on making something, this is my go to recipe.
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY & RASPBERRY POPSICLES – Blueberry and Raspberry Popsicles are super easy to make and healthy for everyone!
Other Amazing Recipes
Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Salad
The Pioneer Woman Chicken Tenders Recipe
The Pioneer Woman Holiday Bacon Appetizers
The Pioneer Woman Roast Chicken
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
Mine looks pretty good! I didn’t have cayenne so I used chipotle chili powder, and onion powder/ garlic salt for the seasoned salt because I didn’t have that either! Lol It tastes really delicious though!!
This was my first attempt at Chicken Fried Steak, but oh my, my family loved it! Will definitely add to the menu again, But I need to find someone to wash the dishes!
Thanks for the great east to follow directions.
There is also a device named “Fast Cutlet Maker V2” that flattens the meat and create a nice cube pattern on it. It’s popular in Poland.
I could find nowhere, how much canola oil to put in the pan to start.
I know…took me a long time to get back here. The recipe says to cook the meat 3 pieces at a time, but nowhere in the recipe does it say how or how many pieces of steak I should have. It appears 1 piece of tenderized 3-pound cube steak.