Spring Pea Salad
Spring Pea Salad is one of our families favorites for the holidays! It is the perfect addition to your Christmas or Easter dinner menu. I hope you enjoy this affordable recipe as much as we do! Every time I make this for company they RAVE over how good it is! It is so simple to make that you just won’t believe it when you taste it.
This Spring Pea Salad is easy to make and is a crowd pleaser. We love the flavor and the cashews give it a lovely salty crunch. This recipe comes from my Mother-in-Law, Brenda Hice. It is a family favorite at cookouts and holiday meals. I love the crushed cashews on top! The original recipe called for celery however our family is not fond of celery and the cauliflower or broccoli are a great addition! I have made it both ways depending on what I have on hand.
Spring Pea Salad
- 1 package 10 oz. Frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup cauliflower or broccoli, chopped (or celery)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (3-4 stalks)
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, cubed
- dash Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Cashews (we like salted), chopped
- Combine peas, celery/broccoli or cauliflower, green onions, eggs, salt and pepper. Add enough mayonnaise to moisten (I used 1/2 cup).
- Chill until ready to serve and then top with cashews before serving.
- You may use canned peas for the frozen but prefer frozen.
- Refrigerate 1 to 24 hours before serving.
- This recipe comes from my Mother-in-Law, Brenda Hice. It is a family favorite at cookouts. I love the crushed cashews on top! The original recipe called for celery however our family is not fond of celery and the cauliflower or broccoli are a great addition!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
Nice and healthy!