Philly Cheese Sliders
Philly Cheese Sliders taste AMAZING! They are an easy appetizer recipe to make and let me tell you they are nothing short of delicious. My son loves these! They are perfect for a Superbowl party or game day menu. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
All you need is pre-packaged Angus steak strips (or you could buy a ribeye steak and cut it yourself. You need one large, sweet onion and cheese of your choice. If you want, feel free to add green peppers and mushrooms too (but that isn’t traditionally how they are served in Philadelphia.
Start by cooking the steak and chopped onion together in a large skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper if desired. Once cooked thoroughly add the meat mixture to your rolls in a baking dish and cover with cheese. Mix up your butter, Worcestershire sauce and onion powder mixture and coat over the rolls. If time allows, then marinade for 2 to 24 hours but if not go ahead and bake.
We hope you enjoy these Philly Cheese Sliders as much as we do!
Philly Cheese Sliders
- 1 lb. ribeye steak strips (frozen is fine)
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 package rolls (King's Hawaiin Savory Butter rolls)
- 12 slices provolone or white American cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Cut rolls in half, lengthwise and place bottom halves on the bottom of a baking pan. I like to use a bread knife and cut the entire package at one time.
- In a large skillet cook steak and onions with 1 TBSP avocado oil (or oil of choice), about 7-8 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Drain all fat/liquid. Place your steak mixture on top of the bottom half of the rolls.
- Add cheese on top of the steak mixture.
- Add tops of the rolls over the cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, Mix together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder. Pour sauce over sandwiches. Cover and marinade for 2-24 hours.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350° and cook for 15 minutes uncovered or until your cheese is melted and buns are golden.
Game Day Recipes:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
Bacon Cheddar Cheese Pull Aparts
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.