Libby’s Pumpkin Contest
Check out this Libby’s Pumpkin Contest. Paleo Grilled Pumpkin Chicken Breasts are perfect for summertime grilling! Not to mention that these chicken breasts are full of taste and will have you begging for more. This paleo chicken recipe is also very simple and easy to prepare and make.
All you need for this grilling recipe is some basic ingredients and spices to make a wonderful marinade for the chicken. Starting with a cup of Libby’s Pumpkin puree.
Did you know pumpkin is one of those vegetables you can use in a variety of recipes? Well you can! You can make several recipes that are sweet or savory. Best of all you don’t have to limit pumpkin to just the fall season!
You can simply stir a couple of tablespoons into your foods for an added boost of fiber, Vitamin A and flavor. I like to add it to oatmeal, muffins, smoothies, macaroni and cheese, marinara and meatloaf. It’s great to keep canned pumpkin on hand throughout the year. Leftover pumpkin can be portioned and stored in the freezer so it ready whenever you want it.
Pumpkin is a superfood. Pumpkin adds extra fiber and Vitamin A to recipes. It’s packed with Beta Carotene. It can be used to replace the fat in some recipes and cut the amount of sodium per serving in others. When used as a replacement for butter, eggs or oil it can also reduce calories. I love to stir it into jarred sauces to reduce sodium and best of all my family never knows. It can be incorporated in breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and beverages – all that taste great.
Paleo Grilled Pumpkin Chicken BreastsPrint Recipe
- 3 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- black pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish and season with salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together pumpkin, chicken stock, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, red pepper flakes and curry powder.
- Pour contents over the chicken breasts.
- Put saran wrap over baking dish and place in fridge to marinate for at least 8 hours or over night.
- Heat grill over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and grill with lid closed for 4-5 minutes then flip chicken over.
- Brush chicken with marinade.
- Cook chicken another 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Let chicken sit for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% our own.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
Your Paleo Pumpkin Chicken looks amazing! I will enter the contest!
I would not have thought to use the pumpkin for other things.. duh! I think I would enjoy grilled pumpkin seasoned chicken. Thanks for sharing.
I’m totally putting my Libby’s to work on this recipe! It’s in my pantry – just have a hard time thinking past “pumpkin pie” with it.
I’m definitely trying this recipe!
Wow! I never would of thought of putting those ingredients together, but it looks delish!
Wow! What a unique and tasty idea! I love that it’s a paleo recipe too! I can’t wait to try it!
I have never cooked with pumpkin besides desserts, but this looks absolutely delicious. Plus it’s PALEO that is AWESOME!