Homemade Cream Cheese Butter Braid recipe is so good on a cold winter morning for breakfast or as a treat with afternoon tea.
If you are having a Christmas brunch this would be a great bread recipe to serve. My family likes me to serve this the day after Thanksgiving. We get up in the morning and enjoy this for breakfast before we head out to cut down our fresh Christmas tree. Be sure to try Homemade Cream Cheese Butter Braid, you will not be disappointed!
This is a homemade recipe of the store bought version. I think it tastes better than the original. Give this easy recipe a try. Your family will thank you! This is my teens favorite.
Homemade Butter BraidPrint Recipe
- Crescent Braid Ingredients
- 1 tube of crescent rolls
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Cinnamon Icing Ingredients
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl cream mix together cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until combined; set aside.
- Unroll crescent roll dough leaving it in one big rectangle and press together seams.
- Lay the crescent roll dough on an ungreased half sheet baking pan.
- Cut 1/2 inch strips on each side of crescent roll dough rectangle leaving a 3-4 inch center piece that is not cut.
- Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture down the center of dough.
- Fold cut pieces of crescent dough forming a braid.
- Some of the filling will be visible.
- Tuck the end over and into the braid.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crescent dough is golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove to serving platter.
- In a small mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and milk.
- Drizzle over crescent braid.
- Serve and enjoy!
Christmas Cookie Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.