This is a naturally gluten free recipe for Ham and Potato Soup. It was my Granny’s recipe that I added ham too. We always serve ham at Christmas so this is a great way to use the ham after the holiday. It is pure comfort food for me. Every year I make this and it reminds me of my Granny. It is like having her with me every time I make it. I hope you enjoy.
You can make with or without the ham. You can also make with a 2% or less milk but the soup will not be as rich or creamy, however it will be lower in calories. For me I like to enjoy it as below. It is comfort in a bowl.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Ham and Potato soup!
Ham and Potato Soup
- 1 large pot
- 6 whole potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cups whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/2 cup country or city ham, diced
- 1 dash pepper - optional
- 1 tsp. salt - to taste
- Peel and dice potatoes and boil in water until fork tender.
- Drain almost all water.
- Using a potato masher lightly mash potatoes.
- Add milk and butter and melt over medium heat and stir
- Add ham and pepper.