Homemade Bisquick Baking Mix Recipe
This Homemade “Bisquick” Baking Mix Recipe is a great way to save money! It also allows you to control the type of flour that you use. You could easily substitute a gluten free flour or a whole wheat flour. It was easy to make. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! It is a great way to save time and money in the kitchen.
Homemade "Bisquick" Baking Mix RecipePrint Recipe
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable shortening butter-flavored or plain
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles crumbs. Store in a container with air-tight lid. Will keep for up to 2 months.
- Makes about 2 quarts of mix.
- For Biscuits: Stir together 2 1/4 cups baking mix with 2/3 cup milk. Knead 10 times on lightly floured surface, roll out and cut into biscuits or skip the kneading and simply drop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes about 10 biscuits.
- For Pancakes: Stir together 2 cups baking mix, 1 cup milk and 2 eggs until blended. Do not over-mix. Ladle 1/4 cupfuls onto hot greased griddle or skillet and cook until edges are dry and top is bubbly, turn over and cook until golden brown. Makes about 14 pancakes.
- For Waffles: Stir together 2 cups baking mix, 1 1/3 cups milk, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until blended. Pour batter into center of hot greased waffle iron and cook for 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Makes about 12 (4-inch) waffles.
- For Dumplings: Stir together 2 cups baking mix and 2/3 cup milk just until soft dough forms. Drop by spoonfuls into boiling liquid, cover and cook for 10 minutes without lifting the lid. Makes about 10 dumplings.
Bacon Cheddar Cheese Pull Aparts
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
Frozen Blueberry Muffins
Irish Soda Bread
Lemon Poppyseed Muffin
Mom’s Zucchini Bread
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
Thank you so much for this recipe! I’ve been searching for years for this recipe, cos i’m Dutch and live in the Netherlands where Bisquick is an unknown item. And since i make a lot of american baked goods cos i love them so much, i needed the bisquick. I’m a happy woman now and i’ll cherish this recipe for the rest of my (baking)life.
Thanks again and till next time,
So glad to help!
Thank you for this recipe! We used this for quarantine because we couldn’t find it! props!