This Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe is one of my favorite side dish recipes to make! It’s my favorite because I love potatoes. When I say I love potatoes I love them all. Mashed, fried, baked, red or sweet it doesn’t matter to me. Potatoes are always a great choice because they can go with almost any meal.
So for this recipe I first “baked” the potatoes in the microwave (feel free to use the oven). I have this super dandy microwavable pouch I got many moons ago at a local craft fair. You place the potatoes in the pouch and cook in the microwave for about 8 minutes and you have perfect “baked” potatoes. After they came out of the microwave I then scooped the flesh out of them and mixed in the cheese and other ingredients with the potato flesh. Next I refilled the skins with the mixture and then placed them in the oven the oven for about ten minutes.
This recipe is great if you are hosting a dinner party. Your guests will be impressed for sure and it is a very inexpensive side dish.
Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4-6 whole russet potatoes cleaned and dried
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook potatoes in microwave for about 8 minutes, if desire poke holes with a fork in them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the potatoes are soft, slice in half and scoop out the potato into a medium size bowl.
- Add in 1 cup shredded cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Scoop potato mixture into potato shell, do all shells until filled.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve right away.
More Potato Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.