My husband and I are trying to eat healthier and I decided to create this Healthy Stuffed Portabella Mushroom for us to try. It is really delicious and a nice change from pasta.
My husband is a huge fan of pasta however it is not great for our waistline. So I decided to come up with an alternative to a traditional pasta dish. We both found it to be really tasty.
If you are looking for an alternative to pasta but still love Italian you are going to love this easy recipe. It is a keeper! We hope you enjoy this Healthy Stuffed Portabella Mushroom as much as we did.
Healthy Portabella Stuffed Mushroom
- 8 oz 8 oz lean ground turkey or beef
- 4 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Rao's Marinara Sauce
- 1 whole green pepper, diced
- 1 TBSP garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 4 whole portabella mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400°. Wash the portabella mushroom and remove stem.
- Brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes or until done. (tender)
- Making the Lasagna Filling:
- While mushroom is cooking add 1 TBSP oil into skillet and cook green pepper until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lean ground turkey or beef into the skillet and brown over medium heat.
- Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
- Add sauce to the pan along with all seasonings and simmer. Return the cooked meat to the pan and mix into the sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and basil.
- When mushroom is tender, remove from oven.
- Now fill the center of the mushroom with a scoop of the cheese mixture and place into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Cover with a heavy layer of sauce and then top with mozzarella.
- Optional - Turn the oven to broil and put them back in to brown up the cheesy top.
We hope you enjoy this Healthy Stuffed Portabella Mushroom recipe as much as we do!
Heart Healthy Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.