Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Casserole was a huge success at my house! Everyone in my house loved it and had seconds even one of them wanted thirds. This one dish meal is packed full of savory taste.
While this recipe was cooking in the oven the aroma that filled the house had all of our mouths watering and we could not wait for it to be ready for dinner. This recipe was also very simple to make! You could easily adapt it for the grill by placing it in a foil packet or even to the crock pot too.
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Casserole:
I would suggest serving this with a loaf of French bread and a nice side salad to complement. This is an easy dinner recipe that is soon to be a family favorite at our house. If you do not like spicy food, you can easily reduce the amount of hot sauce you use. If you like spicy then feel free to increase.
We are not huge fans of spicy food at our house, and we all enjoyed this easy Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Casserole. I hope your family will give it a try! You will be happy you did! Best of all it is a one dish meal that the whole family will love! It is always a crowd pleaser when I serve this at parties or special occasions! My hubby loves it on game day! Add a little sour cream if you find it too spicy.
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Casserole
- 1 9x13x2 inch casserole dish
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cubed (raw)
- 6-8 medium red potatoes, leave the skin on and cut in cubes or use 4-5 large Idaho potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce (give or take depending on the heat level that you like)
- 2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 lb. crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13″ baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
- Add the cubed potatoes and chicken and stir to coat.
- Place the potatoes and chicken into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the potatoes and chicken for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, until cooked through. The potatoes will be crispy and browned on the outside. Do not cover.
- While the potatoes are cooking, fry your bacon until crispy.
- Once the potatoes and chicken are fully cooked, remove from the oven.
- Top the cooked potatoes with the the cheese, bacon, and green onion.
- Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Do not cover.
- You can serve with sour cream or ranch dressing, if desired. This is a great way to bring the heat down and tastes delicious.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.