Hawaiian Baked Sammies are such a great appetizer for parties, but my family and I love to have them for dinner as well. They are so good.
When I make them I like to make half ham and half turkey, so everyone will enjoy them. You can prep these Hawaiian Baked Sammies in as little as 5 minutes. The hardest part is letting them marinade before you cook them.
Some people may refer to these as Funeral Rolls, but in this recipe you get the sweetness of the honey and I personally love it. My cousin loves to make them all the time for our family gatherings and they go fast. Be sure to make these delicious bite size sandwiches the next time you are having company or want an easy dinner.
Hawaiian Baked Sammies are perfect for game day, parties and pot lucks! Trust me, you will want to double the batch because they get gobbled up that quickly.
Hawaiian Baked Sammies
- 1 pkg. Hawaiian Rolls I used Kroger brand
- 1 lb ham or turkey deli meat thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb Swiss cheese slices
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T mustard
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 dash onion powder
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Cut rolls in half and line the bottom of a baking pan with the bottoms of the rolls.
- Layer with ham slices and cheese, place roll top back on.
- Mix together the butter, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, honey and onion powder.
- Pour mixture over the buns, being sure to drench each one.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds on top.
- Cover tightly and marinade in fridge from 4-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bun tops are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Salami Rolls (Gluten Free)
Jalapeno Popper Dip (Low Fat ~ Weight Watchers)
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.