Leftovers, leftovers, and more leftovers! Leftovers are all we ate after Thanksgiving and Christmas! This Ham Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole was a great solution. Just this past week my kids said, “can you make some more of that Breakfast thing you made us after Christmas?” This is when I knew it was more than just a leftover recipe, it was now a recipe my family asks for. My kids agree this is the perfect breakfast casserole for kids!
Ham Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 2.5 C Ham, cubed (We used Honey Baked Ham or Private Selection Honey Ham.)
- 1 pkg Bacon, cooked
- 8 large Eggs, Beaten
- 1 tray Sister Schubert Parker House Rolls, thawed
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp dry ground mustard
- 2 c shredded cheddar
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees.
- Chop ham into cubes. I used about 2.5 cups.
- Chop cooked bacon in to pieces. I used about 1 cup.
- Tear Sister Schubert Parker House rolls into pieces. I used all but three rolls.
- Grease a 13x9 casserole dish
- Mix the Ham, Bacon, Cheese, and Parker House Rolls together and place in the greased baking dish.
- Beat your 8 eggs together in a separate mixing bowl.
- After beating the eggs, add the evaporated milk, salt, and ground mustard. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ham, bacon, cheese, and Parker House roll mixture in the Casserole dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Take in to consideration all ovens cook slightly different. I always keep an eye on what I am baking.
I began to think about all our freezer meals and wondered if this would work for this Ham, Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole recipe. This would be something easy for the kids to pop in the microwave every morning before school. I thought I could always mix it up and replace the Ham or bacon with sausage to give them something different. It freezes well and the kids still loved it. Just to save on freezing essentials I started making it every Sunday Evening. It gives them 3 mornings of meals and by Thursday or Friday they are ready for a switch up anyway!
Our family also loves Breakfast for dinner. Aka “Brinner” at our house. We have waffle night, pancake night, omelet night, and now we have casserole night! I am not usually a casserole fan but this one is easy to make and delicious!
Check out other Breakfast Recipes on Stockpiling Moms!
I love using my Prep Solutions by Progressive Microwavable bacon grill ! It makes making bacon so easy! You can check it out on Amazon by clicking our affiliate link above!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.