This Low Carb Breakfast Casserole is my new go to breakfast casserole! I love to make it on Sunday night and then reheat it during the week.
My friend Debra made this when we went to the cabin at Red River Gorge and I fell in love. I have always made my breakfast casserole with bread so when she shared that this recipe is made without bread I was interested.
I did not miss the bread at all. This is a great low carb breakfast casserole that you can make for holiday’s and special occasions and stay on track. She made this the night before and placed it into the fridge and then the morning we were ready to bake it we just popped it into the oven. I love being able to prep a breakfast casserole the night before and bake it fresh when you want to serve it.
I think that the reason that it is so good is the heavy whipping cream. I mean you can’t go wrong with that. Plus she sautés the green pepper and onion and for me that made a huge difference than adding it in uncooked. Really worth the step. You could easily substitute a chicken or turkey sausage to make this a lower fat version of this recipe too. Best of all for me this Low Carb Breakfast Casserole is naturally gluten free.
Be sure to give this easy breakfast recipe a try. Everyone enjoyed it. She made one with green onions and one without for the kids. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. cooked sausage (I like to mix half mild and half hot)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I like to use sharp cheddar)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Whisk eggs in a bowl with heavy cream.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk.
- Sauté green onion and pepper in a little olive oil on medium heat until tender.
- Cook sausage and drain. Crumbled.
- Combine all ingredients together and pour into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
Low Carb Breakfast Recipes: