My husband LOVES these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. It is a wonderful way to use the extra zucchini from your summer garden and make a delicious treat that the whole family will love. A great way to “sneak in” a few veggies too! You can adjust this recipe to suit your taste buds and he likes some with nuts too.
You can even make a crumble topping out of equal parts brown sugar, chopped nuts, butter and chocolate chips however they are delicious as is too! If you opt for the topping simply sprinkle it on before you bake. Without the topping they freeze well. Hope you enjoy as much as my husband does! Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are so yummy AND a great way to sneak veggies into your kids diets!
Chocolate Zucchini MuffinsPrint Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini press excess water out with paper towels
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar and oil.
- Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini, chocolate chips and stir well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom. Mix until just moist.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins filling 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Store covered.
3 Ingredient Breakfast Recipes
CHERRY CRESCENT ROLLS – Let me start by saying that this recipe for Cherry Crescent Rolls is addicting and you may not be able to eat just one! These are amazing hot or cold!
EASY 3 INGREDIENT BANANA BREAD – This quick recipe for Easy 3 Ingredient Banana Bread is delicious! I could not believe how good it was with such simple ingredients.
PUMPKIN PIE PANCAKES – All you need are 3 ingredients and it can also easily be gluten free too!
BERRIES N’ CREAM CRESCENT ROLLS – Berries n’ Cream Crescent Rolls are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
APPLE CARAMEL WAFFLES – When we worked with Eggo they wanted us to come up with different things to do with the waffle! Well, we did it!
CHOCOLATE CHIP CREAM CHEESE ROLLS – We love to make these rolls for dessert on the weekends. **Hint – Make two Batches!
CINNAMON SUGAR BISCUITS – I love giving my canned biscuits a little makeover with some cinnamon sugar and ending up with Cinnamon Sugar Biscuits.
Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles – These are such so delicious! My family loves having waffles for breakfast or dinner, or as we like to call it “brinner”
Freezer Cooking Sausage Biscuits – This recipe is a game changer. Our reader prepared these on Sunday for her family to use the whole week. It is a great idea and a real time saver!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.