Cheesy Turkey Party Buns
Cheesy Turkey Party Buns are so delicious and you can make prep them ahead of time. Saving you time in the kitchen! I came up with this recipe idea when I had leftover turkey from my recipe, 3 Ingredient Crockpot Turkey Breast.
I did not want the turkey to go to waste and I didn’t want to make the same leftover turkey recipes such as Turkey Tetrazzini, Turkey Chili or cold turkey sandwiches.
So I improvised on a spin from the recipe for Funeral Rolls and Cheesy Turkey Party Buns recipe was created! For this recipe I used Klosterman Honey Hamburger Buns. You can use smaller rolls if you want to, but I had the buns on hand so I used them and they tasted great in this recipe.
The glaze is what gives this recipe such an amazing taste. This recipe is better if you prepare the day before and let it sit in the fridge at least 4 hours marinating, before cooking. I prepared my on a Sunday afternoon and served for dinner the next night. It was nice to have dinner ready and all I had to do was preheat the oven when I got home. Be sure to try Cheesy Turkey Party Buns, you will not be disappointed!
Cheesy Turkey Party Buns are a great way to use leftover turkey and make a delicious dinner!
Cheesy Turkey Party Buns
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 12 slices of swiss cheese or your favorite cheese
- 6 buns buns or 10 small rolls
- 1/2 cup 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Place bottom of bun/roll into a baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Layer a slice of cheese, then turkey evenly onto buns and place another slice of cheese on top.
- Place top bun/roll on top.
- In a small saucepan combine together butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and sesame seeds over medium heat.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Pour evenly over the top of the buns.
- Cover with foil or saran wrap and place in fridge.
- Let marinate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove wrap and cook in oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Smoked Turkey Cranberry-Orange Sandwiches
Turkey & Gravy Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipe
Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.