Slow Cooker Paleo Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Freezer Meal is an easy dish that they whole family can enjoy. We liked the tang that the BBQ sauce added to the dish and the pineapple was a delicious, sweet addition to this recipe. You could serve this with riced cauliflower or if you are not eating Paleo, you could serve it with traditional white or brown rice too.
My family is loving this Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice recipe that I make at home. In fact, if you are not eating Paleo, I would suggest trying it. If you are eating Paleo, then cauliflower rice is a great and yummy option! You can also substitute any BBQ sauce brand that you like. I choose this Tessemae’s because it is Paleo and Whole 30 approved. If you are on Whole 30 just omit the honey to be compliant.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftover for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs. of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken.
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Paleo Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Recipe as much as we did. It is an easy freezer meal the whole family will love.
Slow Cooker Paleo Hawiian BBQ Chicken
- 4-6 whole Boneless Chicken Breasts or Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (I used 2 lbs.)
- 3 TBSP coconut aminos
- 20 oz fresh pineapple with any juice
- 1 whole green pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup onion sliced thin
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 2 whole fresh garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 cup no sugar added BBQ sauce I used Tessemae's BBQ Sauce
- 1 TBSP raw honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper optional
- Combine all ingredients except BBQ sauce and freeze.
- When ready to cook thaw the ingredients in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into a slow cooker and add BBQ sauce and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove and shred chicken with two forks and serve.
- Salt and pepper if desired.
I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine did!
Whole 30 Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.