Who doesn’t like a Homemade Apple Crunch? My family loves apples and they love cinnamon. I was looking for something to make for them outside of a box. Homemade is always good and you have control of your ingredients. This is a perfect dessert alone or with a big scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe for dessert tonight, this is it!
I couldn’t wait for leftovers the next day. When I got up, I found my kids ate it for breakfast. So, now I guess Homemade Apple Crunch is a breakfast food also! You can’t go wrong with this amazing recipe!
Homemade Apple CrunchPrint Recipe
- 2/3 c all-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c rolled oats, old fashioned or quick oats
- 1 c Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c soften butter
- 6 medium apples, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- granulated sugar, optional
- Lightly spray a 8-9 inch baking pan with non- stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour and cinnamon.
- Stir in oats, brown sugar, and butter; mix thoroughly.
- Place sliced apples in the baking pan. If apples are tart, sprinkle a little granulated sugar over them before adding the topping.
- Sprinkle crumb-like mixture over the apples and press down like a crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven. Bake 40-50 minutes or until apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
Check out some of our other delicious apple dishes on Stockpiling Moms!
Heart Healthy Baking Tip
Simply substitute applesauce for oil in your recipes. It is a simple exchange and really makes your baked goods moist! You can measure the applesauce equally for what the recipe calls in oil. This is great way to cut fats from your baked goods. Substituting applesauce for oil is something I always do now!
Check out other great recipes on our Pinterest page! There is something for everyone!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.