I love this Groundhog Day Cookie! February 2nd is Groundhog Day! To celebrate you may want to make these cute Groundhog Day Cookies. My husband loves traditional no bake cookies. With just a simple tootsie roll and some icing you turn them into these cute Groundhog Day treats! I wonder if Phil will see is shadow or not?
My friend Kim made these cookies with her students and when I saw them, I asked if I could share them with you. They would be perfect to make with you kids or for a classroom party.
Groundhog Day CookiePrint Recipe
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oatmeal
- tootsie rolls
- white and black icing
- Mix in pan: Sugar, Cocoa, Milk, Butter, Salt.
- Heat to boiling on medium heat.
- Take off stove and let it cool for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla extract, peanut butter, and oatmeal. - Stir well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper and let cool
- Use a tootsie roll and mold the ears for form a "groundhog"
- Then use icing for the face.
Thanks to my friend Kim Webster for this image and idea!
FUN FOR KIDS
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.