Cranberry Buttermilk Scones
Cranberry Buttermilk Scones are the perfect addition to your Christmas Tea or Christmas brunch. They are so festive with the addition of dried cranberries (we used cran-raisins). You could serve these with clotted cream or lemon curd for the perfect topping!
You could serve these scones in place of biscuits. They are a little sweet, but I am sure that all of your guests would enjoy them! We recently served these Cranberry Buttermilk Scones at our Christmas Tea. Everyone loved them.
Cranberry Buttermilk SconesPrint Recipe
- Cranberry Buttermilk Scones
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup of cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Put aside 1 tablespoon milk and prepare cinnamon sugar
- sprinkle of 2 tablespoons sugar ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl; cut in butter
- Stir in buttermilk just until combined
- Fold in cranberries and orange peel
- Turn onto floured surface; divide into two parts shape each portion into a ball; pat dough ball into a circle approximately ½ inch depth and cut into desired shapes circles or wedges. Place onto lightly greased baking sheet; brush each scone with 1 tablespoon milk and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake @ 400 degree for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Donut Snowman Recipe – Perfect for breakfast.
Elf Cookies Recipe – So cute for Elf on the Shelf.
Fruit Candy Cane – Love this healthy treat.
Reindeer Cupcakes – Kids love these.
White Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes – An inexpensive gift idea.
Yummy Holiday Party Mix – Love this one!
Christmas Tree Tea Sandwich – Perfect for afternoon tea.
Chocolate Mice – A cute treat.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
Scones are one of my favorite things to bake — and eat. These would be delicious for breakfast with a big cup of your favorite coffee.
My son loves scones and yet I have never made any. Time to try! thx
I just made these they are wonderful, I did however add in some handmade vanilla.
I am hydrating my dried cranberries with rum. Would there be any modifications to the recipe if the cranberries are not dry?
I might go with a little less liquid to compensate.