Apple-Rhubarb Crumble is out of this world delicious! If you have never eaten or cooked Rhubarb before I highly suggest mixing it with apples! The flavor is amazing. Everyone loves this easy dessert. It is my dad’s favorite!
I like to serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This is the perfect dessert when fresh Rhubarb is in season! If you haven’t tried Apple-Rhubarb Crumble, you are missing out! This is one of my favorite desserts in the summer!
I purchase my rhubarb fresh in the summer either from the grocery or at the farmer’s market. It is easy to find and often times people are even giving it away because they don’t know what to do with it.
- 6 Tbsp. butter (cut into chunks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds apples (normally 5-6 apples) peeled and cored
- 2 pounds rhubarb (6 cups uncooked) diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With your fingers mix the butter with the rest of the ingredients so that each piece is coated and you have a coarse, crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Dice the apples, and then put them in a bowl with remaining ingredients. Arrange the fruit in an 8x10 baking dish and cover with the topping. Set the dish on a sheet pan and place into preheated oven.
- Bake until the juices from the fruit is bubbling and the topping is brown, 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.