Gluten Free Rice Krispies Review. I decided to try Gluten Free Rice Krispies. I am a HUGE fan of regular Rice Krispies so I was interested to see how I would like the Gluten Free version. I am sad to say that I am NOT a fan of the Gluten Free version. They did not have the same taste or consistency at all. I am going to have to give Gluten Free Rice Krispies two thumbs down for breakfast cereal.
Gluten Free Rice Krispies Review:
However, I didn’t want the box to go to waste so I decided to make Gluten Free Rice Krispie Treats with them and was THRILLED that neither my son nor I could tell the difference! So I would not use them for breakfast but I would use them to make treats!
Gluten Free Rice Krispie TreatsPrint Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine*
- 1 package 10 oz., about 40 regular marshmallows*
- - OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows*
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® Gluten Free cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES Gluten Free cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- *Since product formulations vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Here is a list of Gluten Free Recipes that are full of taste and made with simple ingredients! If you are new to eating Gluten Free be sure to try our delicious recipes below. You will not be disappointed! You don’t have to settle for tasteless food that resembles cardboard. If you have Celiac Disease or you are avoiding gluten, be sure to check it out. There is a wide variety from appetizers to main to dessert and more!
Gluten Free Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.