Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Applesauce Chicken is easy to make and tastes delicious. This is a real “kid-pleaser” recipe. It is Paleo and is so moist because you cook it in the slow cooker! You can serve with quinoa or brown rice. Trust me once you give this healthy slow cooker recipe a try, you will be sure to add it to your regular menu plan. I love when a recipe is kid approved because that means a less stressful time at dinner. Hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Applesauce Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Put the chicken pieces into slow cooker first. Add the onion.
- In a small bowl, mix the applesauce, vinegar, garlic, and spices together.
- Pour sauce on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with rice or quinoa (pictured).
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.