Slow Cooker Ginger Lime Chicken Freezer Meal
We are loving this light and healthy Slow Cooker Ginger Lime Chicken Freezer Meal that you can easily freeze and then prepare in your slow cooker. Not only is it healthy it is delicious! It is simple to prepare.
This recipe is Whole30 compliant and a paleo recipe plus it is naturally gluten free too! As you know I have been eating Whole30 and just completed my third round. During this round I relied heavily on the slow cooker to prepare our meals because we had so many soccer games and end of the school year activities. This was a moist and delicious dinner that the entire family enjoyed.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftover for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken.
I served this Slow Cooker Ginger Lime Chicken with roasted brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes. It is also delicious with cauliflower fried rice. We often times top it with pineapple salsa that we purchase at the grocery store or make our own. You may also enjoy this mango salsa recipe with it.
I hope your family enjoys this Slow Cooker Ginger Lime Chicken Freezer Meal as much as we do. It is light and healthy and a clean meal the whole family will enjoy.
Ginger Lime Chicken
- 4-6 whole boneless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used 2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice I like Santa Cruz Organic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP ground ginger
- 2 whole fresh garlic cloves crushed and minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper - optional
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breasts.
- Place all ingredients except chicken broth into a freezer safe bag.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into the slow cooker and add chicken broth. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until done.
- optional - serve with pineapple salsa on top.
Gluten Free Strawberry Mango Salsa
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.