Fried Porkchops with Gravy
Fried Porkchops and Gravy reminds me of my grandmother and how she use to cook this all the time when I was a little girl. She use to serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans. I like to serve mine with Easy Cheesy Twice Baked Potato and Green Beans Almondine then for dessert Creamy Banana Pudding.
It is truly southern comfort food for me! I hope you give this delicious recipe a try!
Fried Porkchops with Gravy
- 1 cup flour divided
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 whole pork chops
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- Reserve 2 tablespoons flour and set aside, place the remaining flour in a shallow dish.
- To the bowl mix together the Lawry's seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Rub the pork chops all over with the seasoning.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chops in buttermilk, then dredge in flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet, then brown the chops over medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through; remove to a plate, cover loosley with foil to keep warm(do not drain the fat in the pan).
- Add in the reserved 2 tablespoon flour to the skillet, then stir/whisk in the milk and seasoned salt; whisk or stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Season with lots black pepper to your taste preference.
- Serve the gravy with the pork chops.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Bacon Cheese Potatoes in the crockpot
Crockpot Buffalo Dip
Chick-fil-A Lemonade Recipe
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR AMAZING DESSERT RECIPES
Dirt Dessert is Perfect for Family Reunions
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy 4th of July Jell-o Cake is also a perfect treat for Memorial and Labor Day!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn’t like a chocolate chip cookie?
Watermelon Rice Krispies are fun for all ages! We have them at pool parties and the kids love them!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
Great recipe. Just made it and it turned out great. Will use some of the techniques for the rest of my life. Keep producing great recipes.