DIY Boho Decorative Basket
This DIY Boho Decorative Basket is such a cute and easy idea for adding some beauty to a room. It’s truly just a simple update on a thrift shop find, but I love it and thought I would share it with you so you could do the same for your home.
DIY Boho Decorative Basket
I am always looking for a great deal, and thrift shops are a favorite place to stop and explore. There are always large amounts of baskets and bins, but I typically skip them as they just aren’t needed and aren’t really appealing to me.
Recently while shopping, I noticed this cute little basket that was taller and looked more like a wastebasket. It looked brand new, but was just a bit boring and plain. So, I brought it home and knew I could add a little something to make it look even better! These colorful pom poms just popped out at me, and I knew they would be perfect or a boho style addition to the basket.
What Can I Use This Basket For?
This is super versatile and I love how many ways you can use this in your home. Baskets are more than just decor. They are always a great addition to a room for storage. Below are some of my favorite ways to use baskets around the house.
- Store dog toys in the basket.
- Line with a trash bag and place next to your door for holding umbrellas.
- Roll or fold throw blankets and add to the basket.
- Store books or magazines.
- Use to store newspaper or firewood next to your fireplace.
- Use in the bathroom for storing toilet paper, hair dryer, or other beauty and health care products.
- Line and use it to hold potatoes in your pantry.
- Thrifted basket
- Extra large craft pom poms
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue stick or hot glue rope
How to Make a DIY Boho Basket
- Begin by cleaning your thrifted basket well. I recommend just dusting it off, or using a good furniture attachment on your vacuum for this. You can also use a damp cloth and cleaner to sanitize and clean any stains.
- Now, use a pencil and mark where you wish your pom poms to lay. This will help you keep them in a straight line and center them.
- Add a generous dab of hot glue to one pom pom at a time, then press it to the basket and hold in place for a few seconds until secure and the glue starts drying.
- Repeat this process with all of your pom poms placing them close together until you are happy with the result.
More Home Decor Ideas
- Farmhouse Hello Wreath
- DIY Decopauge Recipe Box
- Rustic Floral Wreath
- How to Redo the Fabric on Kitchen Chairs
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.