This DIY Boho Decorative Basket is such a cute and easy idea for adding some beauty to a room. It’s truly just a simple update on a thrift shop find, but I love it and thought I would share it with you so you could do the same for your home.
DIY Boho Decorative Basket
I am always looking for a great deal, and thrift shops are a favorite place to stop and explore. There are always large amounts of baskets and bins, but I typically skip them as they just aren’t needed and aren’t really appealing to me.
Recently while shopping, I noticed this cute little basket that was taller and looked more like a wastebasket. It looked brand new, but was just a bit boring and plain. So, I brought it home and knew I could add a little something to make it look even better! These colorful pom poms just popped out at me, and I knew they would be perfect or a boho style addition to the basket.
What Can I Use This Basket For?
This is super versatile and I love how many ways you can use this in your home. Baskets are more than just decor. They are always a great addition to a room for storage. Below are some of my favorite ways to use baskets around the house.
- Store dog toys in the basket.
- Line with a trash bag and place next to your door for holding umbrellas.
- Roll or fold throw blankets and add to the basket.
- Store books or magazines.
- Use to store newspaper or firewood next to your fireplace.
- Use in the bathroom for storing toilet paper, hair dryer, or other beauty and health care products.
- Line and use it to hold potatoes in your pantry.
- Thrifted basket
- Extra large craft pom poms
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue stick or hot glue rope
How to Make a DIY Boho Basket
- Begin by cleaning your thrifted basket well. I recommend just dusting it off, or using a good furniture attachment on your vacuum for this. You can also use a damp cloth and cleaner to sanitize and clean any stains.
- Now, use a pencil and mark where you wish your pom poms to lay. This will help you keep them in a straight line and center them.
- Add a generous dab of hot glue to one pom pom at a time, then press it to the basket and hold in place for a few seconds until secure and the glue starts drying.
- Repeat this process with all of your pom poms placing them close together until you are happy with the result.
More Home Decor Ideas
- Farmhouse Hello Wreath
- DIY Decopauge Recipe Box
- Rustic Floral Wreath
- How to Redo the Fabric on Kitchen Chairs