I love using essential oils in everything. From all purpose cleaners to body soap, this is one of my favorites – Lavender Basil Soap with dried lavender and moisturizing shea butter makes for a wonderfully smelling combination.
Besides the wonderful aromatherapy aspect, essential oils offer so many other benefits. Lavender is one of the most versatile oils and should always be kept on hand – it is soothing and relaxing, great for stress, used in the treatment of acne, it is antiseptic and anti inflammatory, improves circulation- and that is just the short list.
Basil, first off is useful for a bunch of Anti’s. It is Anti-fungal anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antispasmodic, and antibacterial. It is also a decongestant and is naturally uplifting. Creating your own soaps means that you can control which ingredients go into it, and feel good about making yourself or gifting your friends and family with safe and custom scented bars.
Lavender and Basil Soap
Basil Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
- Cut soap base into small cubes that are approximately 1” x 1”
- Melt according to package directions, this varies based on type of soap used-glycerin, goats milk, etc.
- For my glycerin base I placed the cubes in a glass bowl and microwaved for 1 minute to melt completely. For my 4 soap mold it took 12 -1 inch pieces of soap.
- Add shea butter to soap base prior to melting, stir until dissolved and well combined.
- Remove from microwave, allow to cool for 5 minutes, stir in lavender and essential oils.
- Pour into molds and allow to rest until fully set-overnight at least.
- Remove from molds and set in a cool dry place.
- To make your soap last longer-dry thoroughly between each use and keep out of direct water spray.
Disclosure: We are NOT providing medical advice. Always consult your physician for medical treatment. The advice shared in this page has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.