I have been to Disney two times since the introduction of Genie+ and I was terrified it would ruin my vacation. I follow different Disney groups on Facebook, and everyone was confused and frustrated. As Jafar would say, “Things aren’t always as they seem!” The first time I used it, I had it down and then they changed it. That is my biggest concern about the future of Genie+, the constant changes. We visited again, the first of May, and we set ourselves up for success. Check out our hints in this article, Disney World Genie+ Made Easy!
Disney World Genie+ Made Easy
- Doesn’t matter if you are on property or not, you can grab your first Return Time at 7 am.
- If you are staying on property, you can grab paid individual lightening lanes at 7 am. You can book two individual lightning lanes per guest, per day. The two selections must be for two different lightning lane attractions. They can be made for the same park or different parks, if you have a park hopper. People not staying on property can make these selections at park opening. These scheduled times have nothing to do with scheduling your Genie+ return times. **Be on time for your return times. You can usually tap in 5 minutes early!
- Is your return time more than 2 hours after the park opens? YES, set your alarm for 2 hours after the park opens. You can get your next return time at that 2-hour mark. NO, you can grab your next return time when you tap into your ride.
- Then, set your alarm for 2 hours and grab your next return time. If your most recently booked Genie+ return time is LESS than 2 hours away, as soon as you tap in at the attraction, you can book your next one.
Hints on Stacking
We roped dropped in the morning and got a lot accomplished at each park. I booked my first ride at 7 and then followed the Disney World Genie+ Made Easy directions. We left around lunch, went back to the resort, ate and went to the pool. When we were back at the resort, I stacked rides for the evening. I set my alarm for every 2 hours and booked additional rides. An example from our vacation in May is shown above.
Individual Lightning Lane Attractions
- These Individual Lightning Lanes can change throughout the year based on busy times. Make sure you check ahead of time.
- You can book 2 lightning lanes per day, per person. These can be booked at the same time. The great thing is you can pick your time of day for your ride. If you want your Lightning Lanes in different parks, make sure you have a park hopper and time to make that hop. Right now, you cannot hop until after 2 pm.
- If you are staying onsite, you can book your ILL at 7 am. If you are staying offsite, you can’t make this ILL until park opening.
What are Disney World’s Park Priorities for Genie+?
- Peter Pan’s Flight (this one will go really fast)
- Jungle Cruise (this one is going fast)
- Haunted Mansion
- Splash Mountain
- Space Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Slinky Dog Dash (this one goes within seconds. If you rope drop, be prepared for feeling like a herd of cattle! You have to be in the front at rope drop to even make it worth it.)
- Rise of the Resistance (rope drop or buy ILL)
- Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Mania
- Test Track
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Frozen Ever After
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Avatar Flight Of Passage (Rope Drop or ILL)
- Expedition Everest
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Na’vi River Journey
Check out other Amazing Stockpiling Moms articles!
DISNEY OGA’S CANTINA REVIEW – This dining experience is out of our world. Literally. Step inside this notorious local watering hole to partake of unique libations for all ages.
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Review – We have stayed at so many of the resorts at Disney and we wanted to try a new resort! If you are looking for a beachy feel for your Disney trip this, is it!
Disney’s Pop Century Review – This is one of our favorite resorts!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.