Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole is perfect to make for holidays, parties or Sunday dinner! In our family we love to have sweet potato casserole at every holiday.
I love having sweet potato casserole but I can’t stand that it takes up space in the oven and that I can’t make it until I have the turkey or ham done.
So this past Christmas Eve I was hosting with all of my in-laws coming over and I thought why not try to make the sweet potato casserole in the crockpot. Boy am I glad I did because it turned out amazing! This recipe is going to be on all of our Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter menu plans from now on.
I put everything together in the crockpot and four hours later it was rich, creamy and smooth. Then I put the marshmallows on top and put the lid on halfway and the marshmallows baked right up. My in-laws and hubby raved about how good it was good. So from now on I will never make sweet potato casserole in the oven I will only make them in the slow cooker!
Open cans and drain yams in colander. Place yams in crockpot. Pour heavy cream in. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the top. Place butter chunks on top. Place lid on and set on low for 4 hours. After 4 hours stir sweet potatoes really well. Place marshmallows on top. Place lid on top halfway allowing room for steam to escape. Once marshmallows have puffed up it is ready to serve, takes about 15-30 minutes.
Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole is so simple to make in the slow cooker but you will love the taste of sweet potatoes casserole.
Crockpot Sweet Potato CasserolePrint Recipe
- 2 cans sweet potatoes or yams in juice I used Bruce's Yams - 15 oz cans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar you can use less if desired
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter cut in slices or chunks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows if desired
- Open cans and drain yams in colander.
- Place yams in crockpot.
- Pour heavy cream in.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the top.
- Place butter chunks on top.
- Place lid on and set on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours stir sweet potatoes really well.
- Place marshmallows on top.
- Place lid on top halfway allowing room for steam to escape.
- Once marshmallows have puffed up it is ready to serve, takes about 15-30 minutes.
Crockpot Side Dish Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.