If you are looking for a delicious cornbread dressing recipe this is it! My Mom made this for Thanksgiving and our entire family loved it. I am not a huge fan of dressing however this had me coming back for seconds! Best of all it is gluten free!
My Dad loves homemade cornbread dressing and he gave this recipe two thumbs up! It had the best flavor and I didn’t even need to use gravy on it it was so good and was not dry!
To prepare bake cornbread day before and cut up bread crumbs and place in a storage bag. Sauté celery and onion in butter (do not brown) Add broth and heat together until celery and onion are tender. Add crumbled cornbread, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning and mix in a large bowl and spread in a 9 x 13 buttered baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F until brown on top. (35 to 40 minutes) Trust me – you want to give this recipe a try for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Cornbread Dressing recipe at your next holiday meal. It is the perfect side dish to your turkey and gravy. Your guests will never know it is gluten free! Just like my Dad didn’t 🙂 Well, until we ate it that is.
- 1 pan cornbread gluten free, not sweet
- 1 loaf stale bread, cubed (Trader Joe’s gluten free white bread)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 32 oz Chicken or turkey broth (gluten free)
- Bake cornbread day before and cut up bread and place in a storage bag.
- Saute celery and onion in butter (do not brown)
- Add broth and heat together until celery and onion are tender.
- Add crumbled cornbread, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning and mix in a large bowl and spread in a 9 x 13 buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until brown on top. (35 to 40 minutes)
THANKSGIVING CRAFT IDEAS:
BEST EVER THANKSGIVING CROCKPOT RECIPES:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.