This delicious, semi – homemade Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings Recipe is one of my favorites to make for my family! This slow cooker recipe is so easy and is a true southern comfort food for me during the colder months. But I do love making the chicken and dumplings during the summer too. You will love this shortcut method of making dumplings.
My hubby prefers the homemade version, but sometimes I am in a hurry and do not have the time to make them. So instead I use a can of store bought biscuits. I bust them open and cut the biscuits into quarters. Next I throw them in to the crockpot as soon as I get home from work. The semi – made dumplings only take about an hour to bake in the slow cooker, so this gives me time to change my clothes, help the kids with their homework and then have the boys get the kitchen table set for dinner.
Be sure to give this Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings Recipe a try this Fall or Winter. I am sure it will bring comfort on a chilly night. Plus the chicken and dumplings taste great after a long day at work and to come home to your house smelling great with very little to do to finish it up. I am sure you will love it so much that, Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings Recipe will be come part of your menu plan!
Chicken and DumplinsPrint Recipe
- 4 to 5 uncooked chicken breasts
- 2 T of butter
- 1 14 oz can cream chicken soup
- 1 14 oz can cream celery soup
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- a dash of chicken bouillon seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- biscuit dough one can of prepared refrigerated dough cut into quarters
- Add the 4 to 5 uncooked chicken breasts, 2 T of butter, 1 can cream chicken soup, 1 can cream celery soup, 1 cup diced celery, 1 cup diced carrots, 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, dash chicken bouillon seasoning, salt and pepper to the crockpot.
- Mix together gently.
- Cook for 8 hrs on low.
- Add biscuit dough quarters to crockpot, replace lid and cook an additional one hour on low.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!
If you like this delicious recipe you may also like these other popular recipes:
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Sour Cream & Bacon Crockpot Chicken
- DIY Twix Bars
- Homemade Fruit Popsicles
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
- DIY Uncrustables – How to Freeze PBJ’s