I love SPAM and Eggs. This is an easy breakfast to prepare and tastes amazing. I love the salty combination of the eggs with the spam.
Did you know that SPAM is Gluten Free? I recently found out and decided to create a breakfast recipe with it. I am going to have to say that I hadn’t had SPAM since I was a little girl, but it was just as good as I remembered and mixed with the eggs and cheese was a great breakfast or ‘brinner” treat!
It is a little salty in my opinion however it is a nice change of pace. It sure brought back fond memories 🙂 When I make it again, I would actually fry my spam and then add it to the eggs. This is a traditional breakfast eaten in Hawaii so maybe I will make it next time and dream I am on a vacation there.
Not only that but this is a great low carb meal idea too! You can enjoy this sparingly as it is high in sodium but when you are looking for an alternative to change up your menu plan or if you are camping this is a great idea!
Spam and EggsPrint Recipe
- 1 can of SPAM
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- optional: diced onions green pepper, red pepper
- Heat 1 TBSP of butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add optional veggies if desired.
- Scramble (mix) your eggs with 1/4 cup of milk.
- Add to heated skillet.
- Add spam cut into small cubes.
- Cook until eggs set.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
Gluten Free Recipes: