My son woke up one morning and said “Mom, I want to make Banana Bread!” I get so excited when my kids want to cook or bake with me. Caleb is the baker of the family. Last summer he made all kinds of bread but this was the first time for Cinnamon Banana Bread.
When we sat down to figure out what all we needed is when he decided he wanted to add cinnamon to the banana bread. Personally, I have never had banana bread quite like this. Never really thought about it to be honest! He was determined and he made the best bread ever!
Cinnamon Banana BreadPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 5 Bananas (Ripe)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar (light or dark is fine)
- 2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
Powder Sugar Icing (not necessary to add but my family loves it!)
- 1 1/2 Cup Confectioners' sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Preheat Oven to 350°. Lightly grease 9 inch loaf pan or 3 small loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Then add eggs and mix well.
- Mix flour, baking soda, vanilla, and salt; then add to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add bananas and sour cream; and mix well.
- Set Aside.
- In a separate bowl, use a fork to stir together all Cinnamon Sugar Mixture ingredients.
- Layer bread mixture and Cinnamon Sugar Mixture in your loaf pan. Put a small spoon full of Cinnamon Sugar in the middle of bread mixture; and swirl it with a fork. End the with Cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until golden brown. I stick a toothpick in the middle. When the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is cooked thoroughly.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
Powdered Sugar Icing (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and apply as much as you want to the top or on individual pieces.
I am so excited about my garden this year! Of course we can’t grow bananas where I live but we can grow all kinds of delicious vegetables. StockpilingMoms has all kinds of amazing vegetable and fruit recipes. I am sharing some of my favorites! All these recipes are perfect for summer!
If you are like me, I get nervous about picking produce from the grocery store! So first, check out the article Buying Guide for Fresh Vegetables and Fruits to help you out!
I challenge you to start cooking with your children this summer. It is so rewarding for everyone involved. Caleb is proud to tell everyone he can cook things from scratch and I am proud to say I taught him. With everything happening in our world right now it is important to teach our kids how to not always depend on people cooking for them. I am confident I will be sending kids that are self sufficient into this crazy world. Here are some articles to help you get started!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.