This Copycat Cincinnati style Chili Spaghetti is sure to please. I think this is a really good copycat version of the traditional Skyline Chili. What is great about this recipe is that you can make it fresh and unprocessed which I love! If you are from the Cincinnati, Ohio area you most likely grew up eating Skyline Chili. You can get “hooked” on this style of chili and in some areas you can’t find the canned version in the store. It is easy to prepare and really satisfies your craving!
Copycat Cincinnati style Chili Spaghetti
Cincinnati style Chili n SpaghettiPrint Recipe
- 1 quart cold water
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups crushed tomato
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- cooked spaghetti to serve chili over optional
- shredded cheese optional
- Add beef and water to a 4-quart pot.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring until the ground beef is in very small pieces.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer on low, uncovered, for 3 hours.
- Add water as needed if the chili becomes to thick.
- Refrigerated the chili overnight, and the next day remove the layer of fat from top before reheating and serving.
- Serve with spaghetti and cheese.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.